THE STRATEGIC PLAN PERIOD 2011-2015
Strategy 1: Develop a team of highly qualified lecturers and staff to adapt to international integration
- Recruitment and retention of a diverse and highly qualified lecturers and staff
- Training and improving the staff's expertise and language abilities to meet the higher requirements of education, scientific research and international co-operation.
- Reside and rearrange the body of staff to match with strategic objectives of the university
- Develop a proactive and flexible recruitment policy to contribute to achievement of the strategic plan.
- Formulating a policy that will attract experts and leading professors who are working at domestic and international organizations to cooperate with the university in teaching and researching activities.
- Offering innovative programs. Supporting diverse learning and teaching styles to maximize student participation and success, embed academic excellence in all teaching and learning activities.
- Ensuring the fairness and equality in applying the awarding system by performance at work.
Strategy 2: The training quality following the ASEAN standards
- Complete program structure of undergraduate and graduate majors.
- Standardize program management processes.
- Innovation in teaching methods and student assessment.
- Develop teaching and learning environment following international standards.
- Develop and adjust undergraduate and graduate programs following the quality assurance criteria (CDIO, AUN, ACBSP...) to improve the quality of programs to satisfy the demand for human resource of the society as well as comply with the training quality of worldwide advanced universities.
- Standardize credit system to help student to facilitate the cumulative knowledge based on their own ability.
- Invest in infrastructure of information technology, conduct modern and flexible training process and evaluation methods
- Review and adjust training programs at two level to comply with the training quality of worldwide advanced universities.
- Renewal objectives, content, teaching and learning methods to give students the ability to study, research, develop personal and social skills; search and success in jobs.
- Improve Students' capacity in foreign languages, enhance teaching some courses in English.
- Import, compile and translate textbooks and learning materials.
- Apply the innovative curriculum and textbook from developed countries, exploring the open source materials. Building up data centers for training, scientific research, electronic library and learning centers to support teaching, learning and assessment of learning outcomes.
- Innovate in recruiting methods to attract suitable students for the training objectives of the University.
- Construct the library, research centers, enterprises to link the education to scientific research and business. Diversify the types of training and links with domestic and international partners.
- Use AUN-QA standards to evaluate and standardize the training program.
Strategy 3: Enhance capacity and performance of scientific research
- Research, develop issues and practical theory of economics, management and law to serve the policy and legislative development activities.
- Affirm the advantages of a university in training and researching combining economics, management and law through the specialized research.
- Contribute to capacities of training, research, international cooperation and increase revenues.
- Develop research groups in disciplinary and cross-disciplinary areas
- Establish institutions, research centers and simulation rooms.
- Improve the regulation to manage the scientific research activities.
- Strengthen research capability of the lecturers and students
- Focus research on regionally relevant and strategic areas
- Implement policies to support the publication of scientific research results domestically and internationally.
- Leverage research outputs to enable productive partnerships
Strategy 4: Strengthen the effective of using financial resources and facilities
- Diversify financial resources, increasing the proportion of non-state revenue.
- Utilize financial resources and infrastructure efficiently.
- Issue mechanisms and fiscal policies in order to motivate the staff and lecturers to search for revenues.
- Be active in diversifying domestic and international resources; explore resources from the training, research and service provision.
- Strengthen relationships with domestic and international organizations to attract funding and projects for enhancing the training capacity, scientific research and infrastructure investment.
- Establish the Development Fund of the UEL.
- Build up management mechanisms, and use financial resources and infrastructure efficiently.
Strategy 5: Innovation in university management towards modern university governance. Building culture, brand and empowering University of Economics - Law
- Improve the administrative capacity of management staff, increase responsibilities and effectiveness.
- Apply advanced information technology in the operation of the university.
- Develop the image, prestige, position and enhance the competitive advantages of the university.
- Create identity and build up tradition of the university.
- Internal cooperation, motivation, dedication through the implementation of core value to achieve the missions and visions of the university.
- Develop a professional and modern working environment.
- Apply strategic management; enhance the training and retrain management staff about university governance, leadership skills, management ...
- Apply software into overall management activities in the university, connecting all functional units, and connection-oriented information systems in Vietnam National City University HCM system.
- Develop criteria to assess the culture of UEL.
- Implement plans to build a culture of UEL.
- Review and assess brand identity tools of the UEL.
- Define the current position of UEL in comparison to other training facilities in the same field.
- Review and improve the level of social awareness for the UEL brand through training quality, scientific research and other community activities of the university.
- Form a unit for mass communication and PR.
Strategy 6: Strengthen international cooperation in education and scientific research
- Enhance the quality of education and scientific research.
- Raise the level of UEL in regional and international.
- Increase revenues.
- Develop partnerships with reputable and effective.
- Guarantee the competitiveness of the joint training program based on the high quality and good tuition.
- Organize a network of international cooperation in the whole university: take advantage of the personal relationships of scientists to promote partnerships.
- Establish an international training center for searching the joint training projects with foreign universities; establish research centers of Asia - Pacific region to promote the ability to exploit regional cooperation.
- Build remuneration policies, rewards for individuals and organizations for their contribution in promoting international cooperation and participation in teaching and scientific research programs of international cooperation.
- Creat a balance between education and scientific research in international relations; collaboration between the UEL research groups with strong international partners to build and deploy scientific research projects serving the improvement of macro-economic policies and the legal system.