On March 6th, 2008, the University of Economics and Law (UEL) organized the Mid-term appraisal Conference of Strategic Plan for the period 2016-2020. Attending the Conference and making a statement was Assoc. Prof. Dr. Huynh Thanh Dat - Member of the Party Central Committee, Director of VNU-HCM.
The Principal delivered the opening speech to the Conference
In the first stage of the implementation of the University Strategic Plan for the period 2016-2020, UEL has achieved many results corresponding to 06 strategic groups, including some outstanding results:
- The school has developed regulations of attracting high-quality human resources, with priority given to lecturers with the Doctorate Degree. In the period of 2016 - 2018, 44 lecturers were recruited, of which two were Associate Professors and 13 were Doctors, and 28 were Masters.
- Completed the University Autonomy Implementation project and is waiting for the approval to implement.
- he school has opened some new specialities: the master's degree of Accountancy, the bachelor's degree of Economical Maths, and implementing the scheme of opening the Tourism Services & Tour Management branch, the Financial Technology branch (bachelor's degree), implementing the scheme of opening the Civil Law and Civil Procedure Law (doctoral degree ). Up till now, all training programs opened before 2016 has included 15 high-quality programs (CLC) and 4 high-quality programs in English.
- Official evaluation of program's level according to AUN-QA standards of Economics, Accounting, Business Administration, Civil Law. Currently, the school has a total of 6 programs which have passed AUN-QA accreditation standards.
- In 2018, the University has founded 2 research groups in the field of Financial Economics and Law. These will be the key to build up a team that consists of high-quality scientists, implementing important tasks of the University in the following years. In addition, the University also plans to register two more intensive research groups in the field of Mathematics Applied and Economics - policy's advice.
- In 2017, KTL.B1 learning block was completed and put into use.
- The University is promoting the international cooperation in undergraduate and graduate training (Flinders University in Australia, ESDES University in France, Chung Cheng University in Taiwan, Lille University in France). Expanded student-faculty-managerial exchange activities, currently implementing many projects, Erasmus, Ireland, AUF, etc.
Dr. Le Tuan Loc - The Vice Principal reported the results of the first stage of implementing the Strategic Plan for the period 2016-2020
Associate Prof. Dr. Nguyen Ngoc Dien - The Vice Principal presented about the adjustments and additions to the Strategic Planning in the remaining stage then gave the proposals and petitions
The delegates who attended the Conference discussed, focused on problems: enhancing the foreign language's ability of the UEL's faculty and staff; building organizational culture and establishing the ministry of identifying the UEL brand; a better regime of encourage is needed for researchers to be motivated to invest intensively in scientific research to result in the high quality products; when the school implements autonomy, it should be given to each Faculty the autonomy both in terms of human resources and finance; etc.
The delegates gave their opinions
Director of VNU-HCM Assoc. Prof. Dr. Huynh Thanh Dat said the conference had occurrfored democratically and effectively. Through a number of recommendations and suggestions from the University, Associate Prof. Dr. Huynh Thanh Dat said that the VNU-HCM will study and put forwards the supporting for the UEL to soon complete the criteria and objectives set out at each strategic group. He also directed the UEL to study and prepare for the University Autonomy implementation to have full autonomy in all three important fields: academics, human resources ,and finance.
Ho Chi Minh City National University President Huynh Thanh Dat making a statement at the Conference
Before the Conference, representatives of the Party Committee - Board of Directors, Associate Prof. Dr. Nguyen Tien Dung - Principal of the school presented flowers of gratitude Assoc. Prof. Dr. Pham Duc Chinh - Former Dean of Business Administration Department Manager, who officially resigned from the position of manage officer at the School from February 2002./.
The Principal gave flowers to thank Assoc. Prof. Dr. Pham Duc Chinh for his contributions to the development of UEL