Visa and Residence Permit


Get a student visa

  • You must obtain a visa in order to stay in Vietnam for the duration of your study. If you apply from your country, you can contact the Vietnamese Embassy with the minimum 6-month validity of your passport via website:
  • You can contact UEL’s External Relation Officer (Mr. DO Anh Duy – for more supports.

List of Vietnamese diplomatic missions abroad



Registry the temporary residence

  • You can declare the temporary residence by yourself via the website:

Validate your student visa

  • Students generally benefit from a long-stay visa equivalent to residency status. It exempts from administrative formalities during the first year. However, the visa must be validated by the Vietnam Immigration Department (VID) within 3 months of entering Vietnam at Vietnam Immigration Department (A18),333-337Nguyen Trai Street, Nguyen Cu Trinh Ward, District 1, HCM City. Tel: (+84) 39.200.365.

Renewal of residence permit

  • If you wish to pursue your studies at the University of Economics and Law, kindly make an appointment with the External Relations Office (ERO) 2 months prior to the expiration of your visa.
  • After providing required documents, the ERO will check them with you. You will then submit your application to the Vietnam Immigration Department in HCMC, from June to August.



List of Embassies and Consulates in Vietnam


Countries to which Vietnamese visa holders can travel: